Saturday, June 30, 2012

Something Old, Something New

Here are a few sketches I've done this year.


This first one - two, actually - are from photos.  I'd just gotten a Pentel Pocket Brush and wanted to see what kind of marks it would make.



In April we went hiking in Shenandoah National Park, and I took this amazing photo of my son-in-law standing on Crescent Rock.  This is a sketch I did of that photo using a set of Pitt Big Brush markers, the Pentel brush pen and a little watercolor.  I think the rocks suck, I've been working on that.


This is from a photo, Alaska, I think.



Another sketch done with the Pitt Big Brush markers.  I bought the 'warm gray' set of 4 and so far I like them alot, although I still need to learn how to use them (example: the squared-off blob in the lower part).

No comments:

Post a Comment