Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Three Tiny Landscape Sketches

Actually, it's nine in all, but the 'tiny' bit is spot on.  Each of the foursomes is done in a 3.5"x5" sketchbook, making each vignette about 1.5"x2.25".  As usual, you can click on them to magnify my mistakes.  LOL

This first set was done with my trusty Lamy Safari fountain pen filled with Levenger's Empyrean ink, then the washes were teased out with a waterbrush.  On the bottom right, I know the shadows don't fit the light source.  :)


This next set is similar.  The blue, green and red were all done with Lamy Safaris filled with Levenger's Empyrean (again), MontBlanc British Racing Green (discontinued, dammit), and Noodler's Red-Black.  The lower left was done with a Pentel brush pen with their standard black ink.  Once again, careful use of the waterbrush makes for value shading.


This last one is pure watercolor, and is about 1"x2" (I think).  No particular scene in mind, I just had a bit of sketchbook page that was mocking me for leaving it blank.


No comments:

Post a Comment